The congregation of Sisters of the Holy Family is a community of Roman Catholic Sisters founded in San Francisco in 1872. Their mission is “To seek out and advocate for the poor and needy, especially families, for the kingdom of God.” The Sisters have been a part of the Fremont community since 1948, when they purchased the Palmdale property. The Sisters’ Motherhouse, built in 1959, was originally designed as a home for women aged 20-35. It is no longer appropriate housing for the Sisters, whose median age is now 80 years. Additionally, the cost to maintain the extensively landscaped 14.8 acres and the two historic homes on their property has become increasingly cost prohibitive.